What is the STCW Pre-Sea Training?
The Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) pre-sea training is a requirement of the International STCW Convention for anyone seeking employment on a commercial ship, ferry, cruise ship or superyacht.
SAMTRA Cruise offers a complete package of the required training courses for South Africans, who are English speaking and known for their hospitality, friendly disposition and can-do attitude.
The STCW 2010 standard for seafarers includes the following:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR) (A-VI/1-4)
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST) (A-VI/1-1)
- Elementary First Aid at Sea (A-VI/1-3)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (A-VI/1-2)
- Security Awareness (A-VI/6-1)
- Ship Security Officer (A-V/5)
- Crowd Management and Passenger Safety (A-V/2-1&2)
- Wellness at Sea
And we will assist our candidates with obtaining their ENG 1 Medicals and the correct transit documentation.
To find out more about STCW training and scheduled courses email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are presented at the SAMTRA training facility in Simon’s Town (except for Fire Fighting) and occasionally at other centres in South Africa, should demand require.
We can recommend accommodation for the duration of the training at approved B&B venues in this picturesque naval town.